The Hotel Maria is located in the Eggen Valley, at an altitude of more than 1,500 meters above sea-level, about 20 minutes by car from the capital of South Tyrol, Bozen / Bolzano. Please use our route planner to find the quickest way to us!
The simplest way to get to the Eggen Valley is by taking the Brenner autobahn (A22). When coming from the north, travel via Innsbruck, Brenner, Bozen Nord / Eggen Valley. When travelling from the south, travel via Verona, Bozen Nord / Eggen Valley. From the Bozen Nord / Eggen Valley autobahn exit, you'll reach the Eggen Valley and its villages in 20 minutes.
Gas stations in the Eggen Valley
You'll find plenty of gas stations in the Eggen Valley and its immediate vicinity.
You can get the latest traffic report (conditions of roads and passes, pass closure, etc.) for South Tyrol by phoning: +39 0471 200198 or by going to www.provinz.bz.it/verkehr.
Route planner (navigator)
You can plan the optimal route from your home town to your vacation spot in the Eggen Valley using the Online Route Planner.
Our recommendation for your trip to the Eggen Valley:
When coming from the north, you can take a long-distance bus or train to Bozen / Bolzano and then proceed with the hourly local bus to your vacation spot in the Eggen Valley. When taking the Bozen-Eggen Valley bus (line 180), your best option is to purchase your bus ticket directly onboard the bus.
The bus fare depends upon the distance you want to travel. Tickets generally cost between Euro 3.50 and Euro 5.00 per person for one trip.
- All IC and EC trains stop at the main station in Bozen / Bolzano. From there, there are several buses a day that travel to Obereggen. Upon request, we can pick you up from the train station in Obereggen.
- Train routes
- Via Munich, Innsbruck, Brenner, Bozen / Bolzano
- Via Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Brenner, Bozen / Bolzano
- Via Zürich, Innsbruck, Brenner, Bozen / Bolzano
- Via Vienna, Lienz, Bruneck / Brunico, Brixen / Bressanone
- Via Rome, Bologna, Bozen / Bolzano
- Via Milan, Verona, Bozen / Bolzano
- Via Venice, Verona, Bozen / Bolzano
- Deutsche Bahn (German Railway)
- ÖBB (Austrian Railway)
- Trenitalia (Italian Railway)
- Bus schedules of the commuter buses going to Eggen Valley
- All schedules of the public buses in South Tyrol
- Travelcar, Dolomiten - airport, phone: 0471 252242
- Avis, Galvanistr. 1, phone: 0471 212560
- Europcar, Dolomiten - airport, phone: 0471 252152
- Hertz Best Travel Service, Francesco Baracca Str. 1, phone: 0471 254266
The nearest airports are in Innsbruck (120 km) to the north and Verona (150 km) to the south. From Verona and Innsbruck, you can reach the Eggen Valley in less than two hours by car.
Additional airports in the greater area include: Munich (320 km), Treviso (280 km), Venice / M. Polo (275 km), Bergamo (255 km), and Milan (350 km).
Bus transfers from the airports to the Eggen Valley
The bus transfers provide service several times a day to the following airports: Milano Malpensa (Milan), Bergamo Orio al Serio (near Milan), Verona Valerio Catullo, Munich, and Innsbruck.
Taxi service to the Eggen Valley
The most-convenient, quickest, and safest method of getting from the airport directly to your vacation spot is with the taxi. To obtain the desired transfer, just contact the Eggen Valley taxi companies at the following link. That way, you can begin your holidays in comfort and style!!
There is a public bus which will take you directly to the Eggen Valley from the main train station in Bozen / Bolzano (where all the trains make a stop). The bus stop is located directly in front of the main train station. The travel time is about 30-40 minutes (depending upon your exact destination).
Information about bus schedules available by calling…
the Green Number 840 000 471
Calling from abroad 0039 0471 450111
You can purchase your ticket directly onboard the bus.
The Agency for Public Local Transportation of the Autonomous Province of Bozen / Bolzano reserves the right to change the bus schedules as necessary. No liability is accepted for any such changes in schedule as may arise due to force majeure and thus cannot be communicated in time.
Taxi companies based in the Eggen Valley which can pick you up
The numerous taxi companies from the Eggen Valley can easily pick you up in Bozen / Bolzano or your specific airport. All Eggen Valley taxi services are listed here.